Pocket Productions is looking for artists to participate in innovative projects throughout the 2011-2012 season. All artists chosen for projects will be paid a minimum fee for sharing their talents with the Columbia community.
Preference will be given for the following types of projects: - Projects that involve multiple artists, multiple media and/or artists from different companies or arts organizations - Original projects which will carry the audience into another dimension and/or re-form the experience or the perspective of the traditional audience - Projects which will are intended to help a new group of artists, a new arts initiative or a new arts organization to establish an audience.
If you are interested in collaborating with us for a Playing After Dark event, please submit the following:
1. A paragraph describing your idea.
2. Is the project an installation or a performance? If it is a performance, how much time will the performance last? (10-30 minutes is the typical length) If it is an installation, how much space will it require?
3. Who will be involved in the project? Please provide samples of past work for each participating artist.
4. Have you done something like this before? If so, was it successful? What did you learn from the experience? How will this project be even better?
5. How will your project bring arts innovation and/or collaboration to the Columbia community?
6. When would you like to perform? November, January, April or June?
Please provide a first and second choice month for your performance. Please submit your idea via email to email@example.com
Did you know that ArtRageous, Pocket Productions' spontaneous art series, was inspired by Improv Everywhere? This exciting public performance group based out of NYC was started by a Columbia, SC, native. On April 5, the founder, Charlie Todd, caused a scene in Columbia, SC.
Did you know that the first Playing After Dark event showcased the talents of eight local artists and had 65 audience members? Great things start small.
Pocket Productions has showcased the artwork of over 50 local visual artists, reaching over 10,000 residents throughout the Midlands.
Pocket Productions has worked with over 30 organizations, including the Columbia Museum of Art, the Columbia Classical Ballet, the SC Philharmonic, and the Palmetto Conservation Foundation.
Did you know that the first ArtRageous event was funded by the Arts Institute and the Cultural Council of Richland and Lexington Counties? Since this initial event, we have brought over 20 spontaneous events to the City of Columbia and Richland County that engage the general public with art.
The 2012-2013 season is sponsored by the City of Columbia, the Cultural Council of Richland and Lexington Counties and the South Carolina Arts Commission. Thank you for your generous support!